Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Nashville Eats

Whenever I travel, I love to find local "hippie food," or at least that's what I like to call it. Basically, I look for local foodie stops that are full of delicious, unique, and healthy menu items. If it's a road trip, I usually spend 80% of the car ride surfing websites like HappyCow, planning where I am going to eat each meal, and calculating how I can fit as many food stops as possible into one short trip.

Well this past weekend I road tripped to Nashville... (Which will hopefully become my home in August...) And boy, this city did not disappoint the foodie inside of me.


After using Yelp to look up the best coffee shops, it became clear that Crema was a must-go. I ordered an americano (per usual) and let's just say I will be frequenting this joint once I become a Nashville resident.


While I enjoyed many delicious treats on this trip, my favorite meal was from The Wild Cow. It is a vegan/vegetarian restaurant located in East Nashville. I ordered the pistachio and pear salad, which included beets, quinoa, grilled tofu, and tahini dressing.

Pistachio and Pear Salad

This salad was so incredible. I am craving it while I write this... I've also never been a huge fan of tofu, but this place has changed my opinion entirely. Additional table eats included cashew "cheese" dip, BBQ tofu, and couscous salad. It was all delicious.

Vegan Cashew Cheese Dip

BBQ Tofu with a side of Pearl Couscous Salad
Other notable yumminess included a green smoothie from Lynne Lorraine's and brunch from Marche Artisan Foods.

I can't wait to move to Nashville and explore all the other delicious gems this city has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment