Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Dash to Downdog

On Saturday, Stephanie and I went to Lululemon's Dash to Downdog. It was such a fun event!! It started with a 2.5 mile run followed up by an hour of yoga on the Durham Athletic Field. 

The weather was absolutely perfect! I definitely think yoga is more enjoyable outside versus in a studio. The event was a great way to connect with local fitness enthusiasts, and an enjoyable, sweaty Saturday morning.



Saturday afternoon I went home where I had access to a kitchen and so I had to cook. I feel like I haven't cooked in forever!! I made a recipe from my favorite clean eating blog: Turkey, Spinach, and Feta Muffins.


I used the same recipe as posted here, but I changed the proportions a little. They turned out so good!!! I want to make them every weekend and store them in my fridge as a quick grab-and-go protein source.

Ingredients:
1.3 lbs 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
4 oz. Feta Cheese Crumbles
2 Blocks Frozen Spinach, Thawed
1 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
3 Egg Whites

I put all the ingredients in my KitchenAid and blended until well combined. Then I sectioned them out into individually-lined muffin tins, baking at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. It made 20 total muffins, around 65 calories each. Once they were completely cooled, I placed them in a container and stored them in the fridge.


They tasted WAY better than they look. Promise.

In celebration that my cousin is moving to North Carolina on Friday, I am posting two pictures of Burdick's goodies :)

Chocolate Mousse Tart


Almond Milk Latte 

Uhh... I want them NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment