Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

For the Love of Greens

I have been obsessed with spinach for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure one of my birthday wishes when I turned 13 was to have an entire plate of spinach for dinner. I'm not sure if I ever got that wish, but I sure satisfied my love for greens with last night's dinner.


Fresh beet greens, spinach, guacamole, and collards. I have never had a more delicious meal. All the greens and the avocado were from local farm stands in New Hampshire. This was seriously the best spinach I have ever had in my life.


All the greens were topped with vinegar and salt (my favorite) and then the guacamole was made with 1/2 an avocado, a dollop of salsa, salt, pepper, and lime juice. It's even better if it has chopped cilantro and red onion. 


What am I going to do when I go back to North Carolina and I don't have access to all this fresh deliciousness?? I need to start my own garden...


1 comment:

  1. Mmm! Looks delicious! Thanks for the post-have a great weekend!

    Check out my latest recipe, review and giveaway @ bakingblissful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete