Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Walpole Farmer's Market

Yesterday Sarah and I took a quick visit to the Walpole Farmer's Market. It is so fun to buy vegetables straight from the farmers and not imported into some grocery store. Sarah had to basically drag me away from all the homemade cinnamon rolls, pizzas, doughnuts, and let's not forget the fresh cannoli stand.


I still have absolutely no idea how I resisted these... It took some crazy will power...

We ended up leaving with two huge bundles of golden beets, two bundles of kale, 3 small japanese marinated chicken breasts, and a jar of pickles.


For dinner I prepared the kale following this recipe, and we had it along with some raw carrots and seasoned ground turkey. Quite delish!

I was able to make it on a 3 mile run yesterday, but I literally was having the most unenjoyable time because of ALL the hills here. My poor calves are going to burst. Hopefully when I get home running will seem like a piece of cake. I guess we shall see...


1 comment:

  1. Oh Lauren! I have missed your last few posts! How did you ever resist those - I am impressed! I would have given in for sure! Don't want to text you now because it's so late but do you want to walk again tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete