Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Raw Zucchini "Pasta"



I have seen this idea of shaved zucchini substituting pasta for a while now, and I have been wanting to give it a try. I had found a couple recipes, but I ended up just concocting my own creation with what I had, and it turned out very delicious!

Ingredients:
2 Shredded Zucchinis
4 tsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic
1.5 tsp Basil
1 Diced Tomato
1/4 c. Chopped Red Onion
Salt and Pepper to taste

First I combined all the ingredients except the zucchini into a bowl and stirred it until it become a sort of sauce. Then I took a vegetable peeler and peeled off the skin of both zucchinis. After throwing away the skin, I continued to use the peeler to create thin strips resembling pasta. I peeled until it got down to the core of the zucchini, and then I threw the rest away so that the strips wouldn't have lots of little seeds. Then I poured the olive oil mixture over the zucchini and stirred it all together!

Extremely simple. A light and refreshing summer meal.



I ran 3 miles today and it was in the mid 90's, making me never want to run again. Haha, too bad I'm training for a half marathon and I can't stop now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment