Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Meal

Happy Mother's Day!! My mom is my absolute best friend in the whole world. I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

Today my mom and I travelled to visit my grandmother. She fixed us a delicious meal and we spent a relaxing afternoon at my grandparent's house.


Aren't my grandmother and mom the most adorable people?!

When we got home, I got together with my best friend Meagan and we went to Whole Foods to pick up all the ingredients we needed to make dinner for our moms. (Oh, and we stopped by another store to get pink balloons and pink poster board!) 

Our moms had such a wonderful time, but most importantly the food was DELICIOUS. Seriously, everyone and their mother needs to make this chicken recipe. I really want to make it like once a week now. It's that good.


I got both the recipe's from my favorite clean eating blog: The Gracious Pantry. The chicken was her Grilled Chicken Souvlaki recipe and the pasta was from her Penne in Lemon Basil Sauce recipe. The only changes I made was using 100% whole wheat spaghetti instead of penne, and then we didn't add the chicken from the lemon basil recipe since we were using the chicken souvlaki instead.



The chicken was so tender and marinated perfectly... I want more now.


Mother's Day flowers in the background, courtesy of my father :)


Dinner is served.

Tomorrow I officially begin clean eating (aka: The Death of my Sugar Addiction). I have been eating clean for the past couple days and it has been going really well. Hopefully as I get better I can start creating recipes of my own and stop taking every single one from The Gracious Pantry!!

Oh yeah, and we also made these Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies for dessert. Best meal ever. Although I must admit, we added regular chocolate chips, not grain-sweetened, so they technically weren't 100% clean... but oh well :)




4 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious. I think I would LOVE it and Lillie and Jon will too! More importantly, though, your mom and grandmother look beautiful. I thought about you guys all day long today and am so glad you had a nice day. Love you! And hopefully see you soon! Am going to try to come on May 25th. Will text or e-mail you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay! If i can't come then you should still come anyways because my mom would LOVE to have you all to her self for house stuff :)

      Delete
  2. So I think I'm going to join you on your no sugar ( I am allowing alcohol). I've been out of control lately and I just need to go cold turkey. I did it for a month in January so I'm going to try for a month now. I'll be cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Lauren!!!

    Wanted to let you know, I'm hosting a protein powder giveaway-- and I'd LOVE for you to enter :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2012/05/3-new-protein-powder-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete