Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Whole Foods Has Arrived

Wilmington has been waiting for this day for quite sometime. The arrival of their very first Whole Foods Market. Although I have only lived here for about 10 days, I was already beginning to miss the deliciousness that Whole Foods has to offer.


They even had policemen stationed outside... I am not sure if this was entirely necessary. Are people going to be stealing handfuls of kale because they are so happy about the grand opening? Doubt it.

When I was checking out they asked if I wanted to pay a few cents to get a reusable bag. I don't usually do stuff like this, but after they told me I will save 10 cents every time I use it and I saw how cute the bag was I decided it was worth my money.


I bought several things such as kale, spinach, honey, yogurt, but I bought three things that were particularly notable. 


First up, is this new chocolate spin on the original Lara Bar. I am a fan of these bars because they are completely clean, sweetened only by dates and not by refined sugar. I think I am going to have to try to make my own homemade version of these soon.

It came in four flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Hazelnut, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate Coffee. My bet is that I will like the Chocolate Coffee the best. I have had the Chocolate Mint before and it was very good, and today I bought the Hazelnut and Coffee one.


Next up is this hotdog looking product. Its greatest feature is the short ingredients list. It consists solely of these natural ingredients: skinless chicken, spinach, water, garlic, sea salt, fennel seed, and black pepper. Not to mention it is only 80 calories per link and only 0.5 grams of saturated fat.

They would probably be best chopped up and put in a bowl of cooked or raw greens, such as spinach or kale, with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice on top. I think I'll have that for dinner...


Last, but certainly not least, a soup that I love very much: Amy's Organic Split Pea Soup. It is so yummy and makes an easy quick meal that contains 0 grams of fat and 7 grams of protein. I challenge you to find another soup that can beat that! ;)


Alright, now that my fun trip to Whole Foods is over it looks like I am going to actually have to do homework. I am also going to attempt to go on a 5 mile run this evening. We'll see how that pans out.


2 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader and I really love your blog! You write about all things that interest me, so I'm definitely going to keep on reading. Whole Foods is THE best grocery story, it's such a shame we don't have Whole Foods here in Finland but always when I visit London or New York etc. I go for Whole Foods first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad you enjoy the blog :) Thanks for stopping by! I am working on a new post now!!

      Delete