Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Healthy Sweets

I made these "healthy" desserts a while back, but I haven't had time to put the pictures up. The cookies are the same protein cookies that I posted here, but this time I froze the batter into balls and just kept them in the freezer. That way when a craving hit I could just grab out one or two and bake them.



The next dessert I made was extremely delicious, and extremely high in fat :) Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! That is the way I prefer my desserts: high in fat, but low in sugar. I prefer rich over sweet any day. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and it can be found here.



Because the recipe used coconut oil, the cups had to be stored in the fridge. Otherwise they would turn very oily as the coconut oil tried to separate out. They were super delish, but next time I want to use a sweetener other than honey. I think the honey taste is too strong.

Last night I found a healthy recipe for orange chicken. It was amazing!! I'll put the recipe up soon.

I am trying Pure Barre for the first time on Friday! I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. We'll see how it goes, considering I have absolutely no dancing skills. I am hoping it is primary core work and not actually ballet...


4 comments:

  1. They look so yummy, Lauren! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. miss you too Jenni! Mark and I are going to have to come visit again soon! or maybe my little mom and i??

      Delete
  2. What is Pure Barre? I've never heard of it. Apparently some kind of exercise (dancing?) form? Hopefully you'll have a blast :-)

    The treats look so nice, yum! Thanks for the tip of frozing some of the dough, very clever to bake just a couple of cookies at the time! Even though the cookies are healthier, it doesn't mean I should eat the whole batch, which I would do if I made them just for myself, so next time I'm making cookies I'm going to freeze some of the dough :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure Barre is like pilates using a ballet barre. I will be able to explain it more after tomorrow because I have actually never tried it! And yes, whenever I make a delicious healthy dessert it just gives me more incentive to eat the whole batch :) Not good haha

      Delete