Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cookie Dough!

It's been a while since I have been able to post, but in my defense I was out of the country on a cruise for Spring Break. It was so nice to get away, but that is enough about Spring Break because I am going to do a post tomorrow recapping my entire trip, so stay tuned. So for now I'll just start with what I did today.

Recently I have been much more reluctant to run, but today the weather was so perfect I enjoyed every minute of the first 7 miles. The last one was fine, but not as enjoyable. I ran at a 9:15 pace and it took me a total of 1:13:39 to complete the 8 miles. And to think I will be running in my half marathon one week from today!



I've been really focusing on eating healthy foods, primarily raw and vegan if possible. So in order to combat hunger this week I have created some raw granola bites. I think they taste similar to cookie dough so I'm calling them that so more people will be inclined to make them...

Healthy Raw "Cookie Dough" Bites
Excuse this horrible picture, but I was just talking to my friend Maggie and we both agreed that no one ever makes a recipe without a picture. So this is my effort in trying to convince you to make this recipe, however pathetic it may be.

Ingredients:
1 c. almonds
1 c. oats
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
<1/4 c. honey (or agave nectar to make this a vegan recipe)
<1/4 c. peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract

additional add-ins: raw cacao nibs, dried berries, etc.

1. Put first four ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it turns into a substance a little thicker than flour
2. Pour "flour" into a bowl and add the final three ingredients
3. Combine all the ingredients until the mixture is appears fairly dry, but is sticky enough to form balls
4. Combine any additional add-ins and form dough into balls on a plate
5. Place in fridge until you're ready to eat them (I recommend 30 minutes in fridge before eating)
6. Enjoy!

I don't think this could be any easier. It's pretty much impossible to mess up. And it is insanely good. I think I'm going to be taking some to eat between classes this week (yes, Rachael you can have one during psych)

Alright, I'm going to call it a day. Mondays after vacations are the worst... bring it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment