Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yummy Raw Energy Bars!

Yesterday I made delicious raw and vegan granola bars that had a wonderful consistency and delicious flavor (in my opinion). I was very pleased. I even cut and individually wrapped them so that I would actually take them on-the-go this week instead of just secretly eating the whole batch in my dorm. Tempting...

I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but none of it was my idea. It is adapted from a blog called Sea Salt with Food. Regardless, I wanted to share it because they are so yummy!

Raw Energy Bars ~ Chocolate, Cashew, and Almond
Sadly, I can't take credit for these beautiful pictures either!



Ingredients:
2 Cups (300g) Moist Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped --> you can buy them already pitted, and my food processor didn't need me to "pre-chop" them
2 Cups (280g) Raw Cashew Nuts --> I actually used Pecans
½ Cup (60g) Raw Almond (without skin) --> I used Almonds with the skin
¾ Cup (75g) Cocoa Powder
A Pinch Of Sea Salt
½ Cup (40g) Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2.5 Tbsp Cold Water

Equipment: Food Processor
11 ½ x 4 ½ inches (29 x 12 cm) Loaf pan, lined with aluminum foil
Method:
Combine chopped dates, cashews, almonds, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse and process all the ingredients together until the texture is coarse. Then add the shredded coconut, a quick pulse, and add the vanilla extract, a little water at a time until it reaches a dry but moist dough consistency. Scrape the dough mixture into the lined pan, press evenly with a rubber spatula, and chill for about an hour before serving. After the hour was up, I just cut them into bars and wrapped them with plastic wrap. I store them in my fridge until I'm ready to grab one.

-------------------


So please try this recipe :) 


Today's workout was exhausting! Rachael, Kate, and I almost passed out! Here it is...


Lower Body Focused
Leg Press 3x10
Front Loaded Squat to Shoulder Press 3x8
Goodmornings 3x10 (slow and controlled)
Reverse Pushups 3x8
Standing Row 3x10
Split Jumps with Squat Holding Med Ball 3x10 (lunge right leg, lunge left leg, squat, repeat 9 more times)
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Flutter Kicks 3x25/leg
Plank on Stability Ball 3x20 (roll the ball out and back with your elbows for one rep)


Have a good night!









No comments:

Post a Comment