Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

3 Bars of Death

I realize many of you are visiting my blog via my cousin Jenni's blog, Dear Lillie. She posted a picture of Lillie and I that I wanted to share. Lillie seems to be going through that phase where smiling doesn't come too naturally, but then again I can't say anything because mine isn't much better... haha!


Ahh I love her!! When I look at her sweet face I just melt inside :)


Anyways, I wanted to recognize my favorite lunch that I have all the time, and to continue showing my love for avocados. So here is one of my all-time favorite lunches: avocado slices on whole wheat toast with a slice of rice cheese (or regular cheese).



Maybe I love avocados because I just love the color green so much! It is so bright and happy. But really I love this lunch because it keeps me full for so long. (I usually have double the amount shown, which ends up being half of a regular-sized avocado.)


For today's workout I completed a circuit that I did in high school and it basically put me out of commission for two days. I wanted to re-create that feeling of total exhaustion, so I did it today! The name says it all...

Three Bars of Death (with added ab exercise):
Squat
Bench Press
Hang Cleans
Ab Leg Let Downs

Go through the entire circuit doing 10 reps of each exercise, then 9 reps of each, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! I timed myself so I can do this again and try to beat my time. I did it in 24:55. Not too bad. I challenge you to beat my time!!!! Go do it now.

Have a wonderful, sweaty evening!!







8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your cousin shared your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lillie is breathtaking and her baby sister is just as gorgeous.
    Love the simplicity of this snack. I'm going to try it with a thin slice of tomato between the cheese and avocado! Yum
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea!! I LOVE tomato as well. That sounds delish. Maybe lunch for today... (I was serious when I said i basically have this everyday)

      Delete
  3. I can't even imagine how much avacado you and Jamie would eat if you were together. I think every meal would be based on it - haha! Yes, Lillie trying to smile on purpose is quite amusing and awkward - haha! I like this picture of you two but my favorite one is the one from when we were at your house and you two are peaking over the edge of the "house proud castle" =). Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! i know... its getting a little ridiculous how much I'm eaten got it now a days. And i want Lillie to come back and live in our "house proud castle" with me!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Lauren! I just found your blog! Great sandwich - sounds super healthy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete