Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Introduction to Next Week's Challenge!

I'm so excited to announce a challenge that Bess and I have created for the upcoming week!! It's a challenge that your body will definitely be thanking you for! We're calling it the Stretch for Seven Challenge ~ the idea is that all participants will partake in at least 20 minutes of stretching per day.

What counts as stretching? Yoga, Foam Rolling, Dynamic Stretching, Static Stretching... you choose!! 

Bess made an image that all participants are encouraged to post in their blogs, or wherever they want, to show that they are participating in the challenge. The challenge begins Monday, April 16th, and will wrap-up Sunday, April 22nd. (Check out Bess's introduction to the challenge here.)

I am currently on a foam rolling kick. I think it is because it gives me that "hurt-so-good" kind of feeling. If you have ever gotten someone to knead out muscle knots, that's what foam rolling feels like. It can be painful, but by the end of the week you will see a HUGE improvement. Your muscles loosen and it becomes significantly less painful.

I'll be posting an image demonstrating 6 of my favorite foam rolling exercises on Monday, so stay tuned!!

Have a relaxing Saturday (my day off from exercising!)





No comments:

Post a Comment