Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tarheel 10 Miler

So I was unable to run the Tarheel 10 Miler today. I have been sick all week and I just knew my body would not be able to handle it. It was such a disappointment, BUT it allowed one of my best friends to run her first race!


I could not be more proud of Kate! She ran 10 miles in just a little over a 10:00/mile pace. I am so proud of her for not quitting and giving it her all. She is a great friend and a great runner. Now I just need to get her to start running some half's with me :)

How cute is Kate? 
(Wearing a race bib that says "Lauren" haha!)

I basically have been moping around all day because I feel awful. Not an exciting day. But, I was looking at one of my favorite blogs, Peanut Butter Runner, and she posted a while ago on yoga stretches for runners. I thought this would be good to include since were on the last couple days of our Stretch for Seven Challenge.

So here are Jen's pictures of these poses. These are completely her pictures, not mine

Check out her informative post where she explains the benefits of these poses.

1. Downward Facing Dog



2. Low Lunge

     (Low Lunge Variation)




3. Pigeon

     (Pigeon Variation -- if you're experiencing knee pain)



I hope you all try these poses and really feel the benefits. (Especially you, Kate, after all that running!)




No comments:

Post a Comment